Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Under-structure

Unfinished piece
After a lot of personal confusing with understanding what was assigned for the under-structure of our collage pieces, it was actually my advantage in problem solving. Being confused and just trying to build something, anything that can represent continuance allowed me to think out side of the box. I first piece was messy due to a lot of experimenting. I made a series of horizontal slides connecting disconnecting and continuing off the box. I then colored it black to give it a more dramatic look but it was the source of the messiness. To fix the mix i bought black spray paint and made the piece sold black giving it a clean yet dramatic look.
My second piece was my favorite. i used clean cuts and made a series of stairs and door ways, and tunnels. The series of structures let the eye down into the box, out of the box, through the box, and off the box. I was inspired by the stair maze paintings, when you view the painting your eyes cant tell where it starts or finishes, that gave me the interpretation of continuance or an eternity long journey. To finish this piece of, i collages over it which corresponded with one of the collages i made that will be attached to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment