Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Research

Arte Povera: A style of Modern Art
Michelangelo Pistoletto was acknowledged as one of the main representatives of Arte Povera. That is why i choose him, just so i could see the main work of the Arte Povera style. I like the use of broken mirrors, i had a vision of doing a piece with broken glass as well.


Arte Povera : A style of modern art
i picked Jannis Kounellis because i like the fact that my first impression of his art was that it was really messy but when i looked closer, i realized that it was actually very clean. I came to the conclusion is that i liked this artists pieces because they were a clean mess.

Process Art: an artistic movement where the end product is not the principal focus
I choose Richard Serra mainly because i have more knowledge about him before learning that he is a process artist. I like his work because it has a lot of interaction with people.


Process Art:
I choose Eva Hesse because i didn't like her pieces, I found them to be really simple, sometimes small, lack luster, and colorless. These lacking elements did not appeal to me.





Minimalism: movements in various forms of art and design particularly visual art
Frank stella is a painter and print maker, i like his work because he worked with abstractions. I like Abstractions because human minds are so different and there are various responses that can be given when viewing abstractions.

Minimalism:
Robert Morris is a conceputal artist and sculptor, i found is work to be amusing, it reminded me of children playground equipment. When i looked at his pieces it made me want to climb and swing from it.
Post Minimalism: term meaning to develop and go beyond the aesthetic of minimalism
Rachel Whiteread is best known for her sculptures which take the form of casts. I choose her because she was the first person to win the Turner Prize and the piece was very controversial.
Post Minimalism:
Tom Friedman is a sculptor, i chose him because i loved his use of color and the absolute silliness of his pieces, his work would defiantly inspire me to creature some weird creatures and/or figures.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, i hope the pictures came out, some have X's on them when i went to check it today.

    ReplyDelete